The Purpose of the NJ-AFCC:
- Reduce the damage to family members involved in family and custody disputes.
- Improve the long term prognosis for the mental health and well-being of children and adults involved in family disputes.
- Reduce the stress on professionals who work with families engaged in custody disputes.
- Improve communication and cooperation among the professional groups working with families in conflict.
The benefits of NJ-AFCC Membership
Benefits of NJ-AFCC Membership:
- Opportunities for improving communication between Judges, Attorneys, Mediators, Psychologists, Mental Health Workers and the court system about divorce, child custody conflicts, and the welfare of families going through the divorce process in New Jersey.
- Help to develop alternate dispute resolution approaches in New Jersey regarding custody/parenting time.
- Learn more about custody issues, new approaches to conflict resolution, and the effects of the divorce litigation process on families.
- Help to develop programs in New Jersey that will reduce the stress of custody proceedings on children and their parents.
- Bring successful ideas/alternative models from other states and countries regarding resolution of custody cases into New Jersey.
- Participate in developing the legislative agenda necessary to gain implementation of the above goals in New Jersey.
- Discounts for participating in NJ‑AFCC conferences.
The costs of NJ-AFCC Membership
Cost of NJ-AFCC Membership
AFCC dues are $160.00 per year. NJ-AFCC state chapter dues are $30.00 per year. So, you may join both the International and the NJ State Chapter for only $190.00. AFCC membership includes includes a subscription to the AFCC professional journal, Family Court Review and many other membership benefits outlined on the AFCC website. NJ-AFCC membership includes a listing on our website, the NJ-AFCC Newsletter, discounts for conferences, and a variety of other membership benefits. The most important membership benefit is the crucial role you will play in reducing conflict for families going through divorce, and experiencing other crises that bring them into contact with the legal system.
How can I join?
Click here to join AFCC/NJ-AFCC online now.
If you have any questions about membership, you may contact the Chair of the Membership Committee.