NJ-AFCC is a chartered (March 18, 2002) state chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts. The AFCC, founded in 1963, is an international organization, with membership in North and
South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia. The AFCC is also an interdisciplinary organization, with membership open to all professionals working with families involved in divorce and custody disputes.
Click the following to join AFCC and NJ-AFCC, the state chapter, online:
Association of Family and Conciliation Courts - This is the parent organization of NJ-AFCC.
- To reduce the damages which accrue to family members involved in a custody dispute in New Jersey.
- To improve the long term prognosis for the mental health of children and adults involved in divorce and custody disputes in New Jersey.
- To reduce the stress on professionals involved in working with custody dispute situations in New Jersey.
- To increase communication and cooperation among the professional groups working with families involved in divorce and custody disputes in New Jersey.
Benefits of NJ-AFCC Membership:
- Opportunities for improving communication between Judges, Attorneys, Mediators, Psychologists, Mental Health Workers and the court system about divorce, child
custody conflicts, and the welfare of families going through the divorce process in New Jersey.
- Help to develop alternate dispute resolution approaches in New Jersey regarding custody/parenting time.
- Learn more about custody issues, new approaches to conflict resolution, and the effects of the divorce litigation process on families.
- Help to develop programs in New Jersey that will reduce the stress of custody proceedings on children and their parents.
- Bring successful ideas/alternative models from other states and countries regarding resolution of custody cases into New Jersey.
- Participate in developing the legislative agenda necessary to gain implementation of the above goals in New Jersey.
- Discounts for participating in NJ-AFCC conferences.
Cost of Membership
AFCC dues are $160.00 per year. NJ-AFCC state chapter dues are $30.00 per year. So, you may join both the International and the NJ State Chapter for only $190.00. AFCC membership includes includes a subscription
to the AFCC professional journal, Family and Conciliation Courts Review, and many other membership benefits outlined on the AFCC website. NJ-AFCC membership includes the NJ State Chapter Newsletter, The NJ Family Court Conciliator, discounts
for conferences, and a variety of other membership benefits. The most important membership benefit is the crucial role you will play in reducing conflict for families going
through divorce, and experiencing other crises that bring them into contact with the legal system.
How to Join
If you have any questions about membership, you may contact the Chair of the Membership Acquisition Committee:
Lisa Tomasini, Ph.D.
Click here to join AFCC/NJ-AFCC online now
Click here for a printable membership application form